First blog of the new year! We hope you have all settled in nicely to 2015?
In this weeks blog we have given you an idea of how you can put any corks (left over from all that celebrating!) to good use!
These crafty stamps could be put to good use over Valentines and for Mothers Day or Easter projects too. Just choose what designs will best work with your project. We have chosen stars and hearts (we will be using this stamp a lot for Valentines and Mothers Day!)
For this project you will need
- Foam Sheets
- Strong Glue (we have used Decopatch glue)
- A stencil or shapes, buttons anything to draw around to create your shapes!
1. Gather a selection of corks , champagne corks have a wider base and a good for larger stamps, normal wine bottle corks are smaller so smaller simpler shapes are best for these.
2. Choose a sheet of 2 ml foam.
3. Draw out your designs onto the foam either by hand or using any shapes, buttons, sequins or stencils you may have. To make sure your shapes will fit within the area of the cork you may want to draw around the cork and then draw your designs within the circle.
4. Carefully cut out your designs.
5. Using strong glue, stick your shapes to the bottoms of the corks and leave to dry.
6. Once dry, try your new cork stamps out using an ink pad or paints!